Here you can find major LOG of news on this project shared on this wiki.
The Aim of the Project
In this project we are developing an incubator/bio-reactor device which will make experimenting with fermentations easier and more fun by allowing to control, measure and record conditions such as temperature and humidity. Our desire for the future is to offer to the interested people a blue print of an affordable home fermentation device cut for both experimenting and production. Ideally we will produce easy to assemble kits which we make available on-line. If things go really well, we could make a complete, ready-to-use product which will develop and stay open source during the course of time, all well documented and shared.
Features and principles which we pursue
- Open source - we share what we do, please do share too
- Versatility - The incubator should allow for a variety of different cultures to be fermented/grown. For example, cultivating yogurt cultures, tempeh, growing mushrooms etc.
- Robust and upgradeable - What we build should last, the old models should be easy and cheap to upgrade to the next generation design specifications.
- Environmentally friendly - We should try to use materials that do not harm the environment.
- Project continuity - When the working prototype is done, we should start to work on next generation.
This section is dedicated to our current prototype and our progress on the project.
For more info please check this section.
In thi section you find an overview of the past prototypes development, kind of frozen in time.
Places for discussion, coordination and inspiration
Below are places and platforms where we discuss this project and also where you can go to get inspired.
incubator mailing list - sign in if you want to keep in the loop on this project