- 1 Meeting Notes 2019/12/15 - 66th
- 2 Meeting Notes 2019/12/8 - 65th
- 3 Meeting Notes 2019/12/1 - 64th
- 4 Meeting Notes 2019/11/24 - 63rd
- 5 Meeting Notes 2019/11/10 - 62nd
- 6 Meeting Notes 2019/11/03 - 61th
- 7 Meeting Notes 2019/10/27 - 60th
- 8 Meeting Notes 2019/10/20 - 59th
- 9 Meeting Notes 2019/10/13 - 58th
- 10 Meeting Notes 2019/9/15 - 57th
- 11 Meeting Notes 2019/9/8 - 56th
- 12 Meeting Notes 2019/9/1 - 55th
- 13 Meeting Notes 2019/8/11 - 54th
- 14 Meeting Notes 2019/7/8 - 53rd
- 15 Meeting Notes 2019/6/10 - 52th
- 16 Meeting Notes 2019/6/3 - 51th
- 17 Meeting Notes 2019/5/29 - 50th
- 18 Meeting Notes 2019/3/3 - 49th
- 19 Meeting Notes 2019/2/24 - 48th
- 20 Meeting Notes 2019/1/20 - 47th
- 21 Meeting Notes 2018/12/16 - 46th
- 22 Meeting Notes 2018/12/09 - 45th
- 23 Meeting Notes 2018/12/02 - 44nd
- 24 Meeting Notes 2018/11/25 - 43rd
- 25 Meeting Notes 2018/11/18 - 42nd
- 26 Meeting Notes 2018/11/11 - 41th
- 27 Meeting Notes 2018/11/04 - 40th
- 28 Meeting Notes 2018/10/21 - 39th
- 29 Meeting Notes 2018/3/25 - 38th
- 30 Meeting Notes 2017/12/17 - 37th
- 31 Meeting Notes 2017/12/10 - 36th
- 32 Meeting Notes 2017/12/03 - 35th
- 33 Meeting Notes 2017/11/26 - 34th
- 34 Meeting Notes 2017/10/8 - 33dh
- 35 Meeting Notes 2017/10/1 - 32th
- 36 Meeting Notes 2017/9/17 - 31th
- 37 Meeting Notes 2017/8/27 - 30th
- 38 Meeting Notes 2017/7/20 - 29th
- 39 Meeting Notes 2017/7/13 - 28th
- 40 Meeting Notes 2017/7/6 - 27th
- 41 Meeting Notes 2017/6/29 - 26th
- 42 Meeting Notes 2017/6/22
- 43 Meeting Notes 2017/6/15
- 44 Meeting Notes 2017/6/8
- 45 Meetings Notes 2017/5/25
- 46 Meetings Notes 2017/5/11
- 47 Meeting Notes 2017/3/30
- 48 Meeting Notes 2017/3/19
- 49 Meeting Notes 2017/3/12
- 50 Meeting Notes 2017/3/5
- 51 Meeting Notes 2017/2/26
- 52 Meeting Notes 2017/2/19
- 53 Meeting Notes 2017/2/12
- 54 Meeting Notes 2017/2/5
- 55 Meeting Notes 2016/12/18
- 56 Meeting Notes 2016/12/11
- 57 Meeting Notes 2016/12/04
- 58 Meeting Notes 2016/11/27
- 59 Meeting Notes 2016/11/13
- 60 Meeting Notes 2016/11/5 - in person in Amsterdam
- 61 Meeting Notes 2016/10/23
- 62 Meeting Notes 2016/10/16
- 63 Meeting Notes 2016/10/09
- 64 Meeting Notes 2016/10/02
- 65 Meeting Notes 2016/09/17
- 66 Preparations for Autumn 2016, 5/6/2016
- 67 fhb meeting 21/11/2015
- 68 Preparations for CCC camp and more ... 27/6/2015
- 69 What are we up to in February, 9/2/2015
- 70 Food Hacking Base Crowdsourcing Campaign for 31c3 goes life!! 5/12/2014
- 71 Experimental Incubator Crowdsourcing campaign who is in? 20/8/2014
- 72 Prototypes running, PCB preparations, water kefir project 6/7/2014
- 73 Progressing on the incubator etc. 12/6/2014
- 74 Blog post about FHB activities at 30c3 is up! 19/3/2014
- 75 Experimental Incubator Mailing list created!
- 76 Korean Dinner - Healing Table 13/1/2014
Preparations for Autumn 2016, 5/6/2016
Hi to all, after successful CCC 2015 summer camp, subsequent tour and 32c3 we participated at Maker Faire Ruhr in Dortmund in February 2016, taking bit of break after. Now at the beginning of the summer we are starting to get ready for the next events. At the moment Algoldor is calling for participation in the Local Crop Processing Project which will be focused on harvesting, processing and producing variety of high quality products at the region of Kout na Šumavě, Czech Republic, study tour around regions of interest in Western Europe is part of it, for more info click on the link above. We still consider participation at BalCCon 2k16 in Novi Sad, Serbia, which third running last year we have really enjoyed. Of course slowly but steadily we start to prepare for 33c3. Email to the orga was sent last month confirming our discussions during 32c3, stating that we really would like to be part of the event participating directly at the main venue, asking at least for 10x10 m space wherever feasible (inside, outside what ever) and electricity. We are hoping to hear from the CCC orga back soon, by the beginning of September it needs to be sorted, otherwise we would have to look for an alternative venue like the last year.
So this would be all for now, I hope we talk to each other more in a variety of ways and not just at the IRC :-) (however I am happy that we are active there),
Sincerely from Jejudo and elsewhere,
Frantisek and FHB folk
Preparations for CCC camp and more ... 27/6/2015
Hi to all, We are now preparing intensively for the CCC camp 2015 in Zehdenick our crowdsourcing campaign which is on since yesterday is a prove of that. We aim for 3 000 eu collected by 31/7/2015, please support and promote! This goal will cover over 70% if not more of the budget needed for us to be present at the event. Anyone interested in joining us at the event should sign in as a participant of our village (participating in more villages is no problem) by creating wiki account at the CCC camp wiki and adding him/her self as our village member. For more detailed info please check the crowdsourcing campaign info and our fhb village.
The experimental incubator project will be presented there, more accurately it’s third generation which is now being developed. The main achievement in this generation is moving to the PCB design based prototype which will lower the costs and make it more easy to get kits assembled. We will have few kits ready for the camp demonstrating them there as functional prototypes showing the unit abilities and getting more people involved.
After the camp some of us (Eunha and Algoldor will tour Europe promoting food hacking again, participating hopefully at MRMCD2015, BalCCon and visiting several hackerspaces in the meanwhile planning to run another crowdsourcing campaign during the tour.
Bigmac became a fhb treasurer, congratulations, we have started to use our IRC #foodhackingbase channel at OFTC network quite a lot for organizational purposes, mailing list works well, so moving forward.
Well that would be short overview of our activities, sorry for the long delay ...
What are we up to in February, 9/2/2015
Food Hacking Base (fhb) is busy in the New Year. We are progressing on our Dark Beer Project, the LOG of activities can be found here. We should have done it already but well still finishing up our 31c3 accounting, you can find more info here 31c3 spendings, if there is something missing what you think should be in please let us know!
We are currently getting ready for next push in the Experimental Incubator project. There is a consideration to call for international Food Hackathon and we are slowly imagining what everything we could do at CCC camp in Ziegeleipark Mildenberg near Zehdenick which will happen this summer between 13-17th of August.
Soon the blog post about 31c3 will be done and we will add it to our News Letter.
Well that would be the short overview, I hope it will inspire you!
After few months of talking, coordinating and preparing we have launched our crowdsourcing campaign for 31c3! Please comment, promote and SUPPORT! If you would like to get more information, get involved check our 31c3 wiki. If you would like to talk to us the mailing list is the best, check than how to get in touch.
We hope to see you all there soon and thanks for your continuous support!
Food Hacking Base Indiegogo Campaign Team :-)
Experimental Incubator Crowdsourcing campaign who is in? 20/8/2014
Crowdsourcing campaign for experimental incubator, late September 1000-1500 EU, who is in? In short I (Algoldor) would like to know who would be ready to chip some time and energy into preparation and running of the crowdsourcing campaign for the Experimental Incubator Project which next prototype we are developing for 31c3? I would suggest to aim for 1000-1500 eu goal flexible campaign so something what we have proven to reach several times already. The goals for the project would be creation of PCB based design (Arnd is working on it), physical printed PCB's based on this design which will be tested allowing temperature measurement and control. There should be also 2-3 fully functional prototypes, probably peltier based which we will demonstrate at the event. It would be nice to have 10-20 kits with the electronic parts (without the heating/cooling elements) available for people involved in this project (so they do not have to pay for everything - time and energy should do) and for price to the people who would like to join - to make it more easy for them. 2-3 fully functional prototypes (control units and heating/cooling systems) to share after the event among the group or for price give away would be great.
Not all of mentioned above has to be done yet (these are suggestions) and it doesn't have to be covered by this campaign only, because at the end of November or during December before CCC we will run another campaign as usually. So what do you think? If interested please get in touch in any manner mentioned here How to get in touch or otherwise.
Prototypes running, PCB preparations, water kefir project 6/7/2014
Lets start from the end, shall we? We have started to work on a development of growing media which will make tibicos (water kefir) grains grow well increasing their size and weight and produce tasty beverage. More info can be found here under the granos tibicos growing media project. We have also uploaded two new manuals, one for culturing Tempeh and second for nattō, the later is till in development.
Concerning the incubators, they are being further tested. In both Marcel's and my case the cooling is still an issue, there were several problems with the peltiers which should be noted - some of the modules broke down. Marcel suggests to use for CPU designed water cooling system on the hot side of the peltier. In my case Algoldor I've been making nattō heating up to 42-43°C for over 32 hours, all going well but I've to report that the heatsink got really hot, bit dangerous I would say with my current establishment, I should rebuild the heating/cooling unit enclosure and anyone who is ready to go to build their prototype should really keep the high levels of heat in mind, be safe!
At the moment we are preparing for the PCB version of 2.2 mamut tamna. When Arnd is back from his holiday we hope to progress. I'm thinking about talking to the people from the Seeedstudio in China, Shenzhen if they would be interested in helping with the PCB prototype finalization and hopefully after debugging put it online to their store as a kit. Anyway we will see about it, it is as long distance run :-)
That would be all for now, so the plan for the next month and a bit is to get more people into the granos tibicos/water kefir growing media project, improving the nattō manual and concerning the incubator work on the cooling of the peltiers and progressing on designing of the PCB prototype of 2.2 mamut tamna.
Busy times sounds like, right?
Progressing on the incubator etc. 12/6/2014
Hi to all,
we have done more testing on the experimental incubator prototype 2.1 mamut, in this case Marcel and me Algoldor, you can see updates here
At the moment the major issues are improving the cooling and getting h-bridge which would allow for a simple switching between cooling and heating.
I'm also working on the blog post about the Food Hacking Base and Dancing_Drops 2014 Europe winter tour. It goes slowly and I would definitely like to add your impressions, you can do so here on our draft
We have done also bit of updates on our wiki in general and we are keeping the Facebook group quite busy, occasionally posting to the discuss lists.
Anyway thanks for your attention and have a good time!
Blog post about FHB activities at 30c3 is up! 19/3/2014
Hi to all, this is just a short echo, the blog post about our activities at 30c3 is finally up on our WordPress blog
Having more photos next time would be lovely :-) We can still edit and add stories of course.
Talk to you soon,
Experimental Incubator Mailing list created!
we have a new mailing list dedicated especially to the experimental incubator project. Many thanks to Steffen who made it happen!
If you like to subscribe please send an email to
and confirm your request when you receive the "confirmation email".
Welcome to this communication media, I will post more tomorrow when I hope most of us are in, but if you could start to think about recapitulating what you have done so far on the variety to this topic related project and summarize it that would be lovely :-)
Sincerely from Jeju,
PS Please let know the people who you think should know about it, thanks!
Korean Dinner - Healing Table 13/1/2014
For the ones who are interested in the Korean style dinner which we are giving during the tour please check our short blog post on the topic
Please have fun and enjoy, recipes will be added soon!